35 Healthy Game Day Recipes (7 Layer Dip)
This layer dip starts with a base of refried beans and is packed with fresh veggies. It’s the perfect dip for healthy recipe for game day snacking!
- 1 15 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup pico de gallo or salsa store-bought or homemade
- ⅓ cup shredded Mexican cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ jalapeño deseeded and chopped
- ¼ cup diced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup sliced black olives optional
- tortilla chips for serving
Mix yogurt with 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning in a small bowl.
Spread refried beans evenly into the bottle of a square (8 x 8) dish to create the first layer. Add seasoned yogurt on top and gently spread to create the second layer. Then add the guacamole and spread.
Scoop salsa with a slotted spoon. This step is optional, but it helps to remove extra liquid from the salsa.
Add pico de gallo on top of the guacamole and then add remaining ingredients in the order listed: shredded cheese, romaine lettuce, jalapeño pepper, cherry tomatoes, cilantro and black olives, if using.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or fresh veggies for dipping. Best served the day you make it, but will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Vegan option: Buy vegan refried beans and skip the cheese or use a vegan cheese.
Serving: 1/8 of recipe | Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 256mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g