Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
This banana bread baked oatmeal is studded with walnuts and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. It tastes just like banana bread in oatmeal form and is perfect for meal prep. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup plus more for serving
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium bananas 3 mashed (about 1 ¼ cup) and 1 sliced
- ½ cup walnuts chopped and divided
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
Add in the milk, maple syrup, flaxseed, coconut oil, vanilla, mashed bananas and walnuts. Stir well to combine.
Carefully pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with banana slices.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the top is nicely golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve. Drizzle additional maple syrup on top, if desired and serve.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 20g