Cream Cheese Frosting
A healthy cream cheese frosting that's made with Greek yogurt and maple syrup. No butter or powdered sugar needed! It's creamy, fluffy and delicious served on carrot cake, cinnamon rolls or your favorite flavor of cupcakes or cake.
- 8 oz cream cheese (full fat) softened to room temperature
- ½ cup Greek yogurt I used plain full fat
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Using a hand mixer on medium speed whip all the ingredients together until smooth and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed. Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer.
Use frosting on desired recipe and enjoy. This recipe will yield enough to frost 18 cupcakes or a 8-9 inch cake.
- Maple syrup: Feel free to use your favorite liquid sweetener.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temp, otherwise it’ll turn lumpy and not as smooth after beating it.
Serving: 2Tablespoons | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 14mg | Sugar: 4g