This healthy and cozy pumpkin oatmeal makes the perfect breakfast for a chilly fall morning. It has a ton of pumpkin flavor with a little spice and a touch of sweetness.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- chopped pecans for topping
- splash of milk for topping
- maple syrup for topping
Add oats, water, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt into a medium saucepan.
Heat over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes. Be sure to stir the oats several times while cooking to make sure the oats don't stick to the pot. You’ll know the oatmeal is done when all the liquid is absorbed and the oats are thick and fluffy.
Portion oatmeal into two bowls and add pecans, a splash of milk and maple syrup, to taste.
- Water: You can also use milk if you'd like your bowl of oatmeal to be extra creamy.
Serving: 1/2 of recipe without toppings | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 1mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g