This cilantro rice recipe gives white rice a ton of flavor with lime juice and fresh cilantro! It's great as a base for burrito bowls and taco salads.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest or to taste
Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and salt to the water. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. You can also cook the rice in a rice cooker or Instant Pot, if desired. See instructions below.
Combine chopped cilantro with lime juice and lime zest in a bowl.
Add warm rice, toss and serve.
This rice is best served immediately but can be cooled and stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat any leftovers in the microwave until piping hot.
- Brown rice: You can make this recipe with brown rice, you'll just need to cook the rice longer, about 45 minutes or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the water.
- Rice cooker: To make this rice in your rice cooker, place the rice and salt into your rice cooker. Following the manufacturers instructions, fill to the appropriate waterline, close the lid and set to cook. Once the rice is cooked, open the rice cooker and fluff with a fork. Then transfer to a bowl and add in cilantro, lime zest and juice. Taste and add more cilantro, zest or juice to your preference. Serve warm.
- Instant Pot: To make this rice in your Instant pot, place 1 cup white rice and 1 cup water and salt to the pressure cooker. Close the lid and set to manual cook on high for 4 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then carefully release any remaining pressure. Unlock and open lid. Fluff the rice and stir in the cilantro, lime juice and lime zest. Serve warm.
Serving: 1/3 of recipe | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 783mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g