Blueberry Lemon Baked Oatmeal
This blueberry lemon baked oatmeal blends together tangy citrus with sweet blueberries. It's loaded with nutrients and the perfect breakfast to meal prep for the week.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt or vegan yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 ½ cup frozen or fresh blueberries 1 cup for mix-in and 1/2 for topping
- cooking spray
- Toppings: extra blueberries fresh lemon zest, yogurt and/or maple syrup.
Preheat the oven to 375° F and spray an 8×8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt.
Add in the milk, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, flaxseed, coconut oil, vanilla and 1 cup blueberries.
Carefully pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Scatter the remaining blueberries on top.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the top is nicely golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve. Top with extra blueberries, fresh lemon zest, yogurt and/or maple syrup.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 344mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g