Farro Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
This amazing farro salad features cannellini beans, fresh mozzarella, arugula and sun-dried tomatoes all tossed in a bright and delicious basil vinaigrette!
- 1 cup dry farro
- 1 1/3 cup cannellini beans 15 oz can, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes ones that are red instead of brownish in color
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls also called pearled mozzarella I think
- 4 cups baby arugula
- additional sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup packed basil slightly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup shallot
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
Cook farro according to package. You should end up with a little over 2 cups of cooked farro once cooked and drained. Run under cold water to cool. Drain well.
Add all dressing ingredients into a high powered blender and blend for at least 1 minute, or until basil is really chopped up and dressing is emulsified. Yield: little less than 3/4 cup total
Add cooked farro, cannellini beans, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella balls and arugula into a bowl. Add dressing and toss. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if desired. Serve right away or chill in the fridge before serving. Recipe will keep up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Farro swap: If needed you can use barley instead of farro for this salad.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 579mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g