Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
This easy strawberry salad is insanely delicious with fresh strawberries avocado, goat cheese, pecans and creamy balsamic vinaigrette.
- 1 5 oz container baby spinach
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- fresh ground pepper + sea salt
- creamy balsamic vinaigrette
Toast pecans: This step is optional, but if you want to toast the pecans simply spread them out on a baking sheet and toast in a 350° F oven for about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Make dressing: Make creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing if you haven't already.
Prep salad: Add spinach to a salad bowl and top with strawberries, avocado, goat cheese and pecans.
Add salt and pepper: Sprinkle on salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve: Drizzle dressing over salad and toss or portion the salad and pass around the dressing to serve.
- Red onion: Feel free to add 1/4 cup sliced red onion to this salad for extra flavor.
- Dressing: Swap the creamy balsamic dressing for this creamy poppyseed dressing.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe without dressing | Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 531mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g