Easy Quinoa Salad
This easy quinoa salad is packed with spinach, tomatoes, red onion, avocado and feta with a simple lemon dressing. It's the perfect healthy side dish!
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 ripe avocados chopped or sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cook quinoa: Rinse and drain quinoa. Add quinoa and water to a saucepan and bring the water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Toss: In a medium bowl, stir together cooked quinoa, chopped spinach, tomatoes, red onion and feta.
Whisk dressing: In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Add dressing and avocado: Gently stir in dressing and avocado chunks.
Chill and enjoy: Serve immediately or let the salad chill in the fridge a couple hours before serving. If chilling, you can add the avocado right before serving to prevent browning.
Store: Store salad in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Want to add more protein to this salad? Toss in about 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas or white beans or add in some chopped grilled chicken.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 453mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g