Avocado Egg Salad
This healthy avocado egg salad recipe uses mashed avocado in place of mayo. It's creamy, flavorful and great served on salad, lettuce wraps or bread!
- 4 hard boiled eggs grated or finely chopped
- ½ ripe avocado mashed
- ½ Tablespoon finely chopped dill pickle
- ½ Tablespoon chopped scallion white part only
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or dill for garnish
- lettuce leaves bread or crackers, for serving
Stir: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Top with fresh herbs and serve.
Store: Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The salad will keep for 3-5 days. The avocado might brown a tiny bit, but it is still safe to eat.
- Mustard: Feel free to add in 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard if you like mustard in your egg salad.
Serving: 1/2 of recipe | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 370mg | Sodium: 308mg | Fiber: 3g