This is the best vegetable soup! It's loaded with fresh veggies and seasoned with plenty of spices and herbs for amazing flavor. Plus, it's dairy-free and vegetarian.
- 2 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped into ½-inch dice
- 2 ribs celery thinly sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 small red potatoes or Yukon Gold cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 medium zucchini cut into ½-inch dice
- 12 oz fresh green beans chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½-1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- chopped fresh thyme and parsley for topping
- bread or crackers for serving
Heat a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat on the stovetop. Add oil. Once warm, add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
Uncover and stir in curry powder, Italian seasoning and lay leaves. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in tomatoes, broth, potatoes, zucchini, green beans and corn. No need to defrost the corn, just throw it in frozen.
Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
Remove bay leaves and stir in lemon juice. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed
Serve warm with fresh thyme and parsley for topping. Serve with crusty bread and crackers.
- Optional add-ins or toppings: grated Parmesan, chopped kale or spinach (see note above), 15 oz can of chickpeas or white beans, crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 899mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g