Cranberry Energy Bites
These cranberry energy bites are the perfect easy snack. Made with just 7 simple ingredients including almonds, cashews, dates and dried cranberries.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup about 10 Medjool dates, pitted*
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange juice
- pinch of sea salt
Process: Place almonds and cashews into into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S-shaped blade and pulse until they are chopped into small pieces.
Add dates, cranberries, vanilla, lemon juice and sea salt. Pulse until everything is well combined and dough is sticking together. (See note if your dough seems too crumbly.)
Form balls: Once mixture is combined, scoop out about 1 Tablespoon of dough (with your hands or a cookie scoop) and use your hands to form the dough into balls. Enjoy right away or store for later.
To store: Place balls into a sealed storage container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Hard/dry dates: If your dates are hard and dry, you can soak them in warm water for 10-15 minutes to soften. Just drain them well before using.
- Crumbly dough: If your dough seems too crumbly to stick together after processing even when squeezing it together with your hands, you can try adding a couple more dates or adding 1 teaspoon of water at a time until the mixture starts to hold together well enough to form into balls. See note above.
Serving: 1ball | Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g