Healthy Pumpkin Bars with Chocolate Chips
These healthy pumpkin bars with chocolate chips are made with whole wheat pastry flour and less oil than traditional pumpkin bars! You'll love the combo of pumpkin and chocolate.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 large egg whites or 2 flaxseed eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips + more for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray 13 x 9 pan with non-stick spray.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix sugar, applesauce, yogurt, oil, egg whites, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in pumpkin.
Slowly pour flour mix into the wet ingredients and mix well until everything is combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour dough evenly into the greased pan and top with additional chocolate chips.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the middle of the bars.
Cool completely, cut and enjoy!
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 197mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g