Easy Tzatziki (Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce)
An easy and delicious tzatziki sauce recipe that is perfect for enjoying with fresh veggies, pita chips or in a Mediterranean bowl.
Servings: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber*
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice + 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Stir together Greek yogurt, diced cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, zest and dill in a small bowl.
Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the salt, pepper and lemon juice depending on your preference.
Serve immediately. Can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- I used mini cucumbers that are essentially seedless so I didn't need to remove the seeds, but if you're using a regular cucumber you will want to deseed the cucumber.
- I diced the cucumber, but you can also grate it for a finer, more authentic texture. Grating cucumber does cause the cucumber to release more liquid so you'll want to place the grated cucumber in a mesh strainer and squeeze as much liquid out as possible before adding it with the other ingredients.
Serving: 1/4 cup | Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g