Chocolate Chia Pudding
A creamy chocolate pudding made from chia seeds. Healthy enough for breakfast and delicious enough for dessert, this chocolate chia pudding is bound to be a staple in your kitchen! Gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 6 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup honey or sweetener of choice*
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toppings of choice: fresh berries chocolate chips, nuts
Add almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt into a high powered blender. Start at a low setting on your blender (variable on the Vitamix) and progress to high. Blend until chia seeds are almost undetectable and mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender with a spatula if needed.
Chia pudding should be thick and ready to enjoy so you can top with your favorite toppings and dive in or if you like your chocolate pudding cold, transfer to a resealable container, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours to chill before eating.
- If you don't have a high-powered blender your chia pudding might not get as smooth and creamy and will have the texture of regular chia pudding, similar to tapioca pudding.
- Use stevia or monkfruit sweetener instead of maple syrup or honey for a low-sugar option.
Serving: 1/3 of recipe (without toppings) | Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 202mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 15g