One Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
Healthy, protein-packed vegan mushroom stroganoff made with savory mushrooms, lentil pasta and a creamy coconut milk sauce.
- 1 box 8 oz Barilla Lentil Rotini Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 4 oz fancy mixed mushrooms sliced
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Add olive oil into a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and garlic to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant, add mushrooms and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add nutritional yeast and stir.
Add broth, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tamari and ground pepper.
Stir and add uncooked pasta. Cover pot and increase the heat to medium-high so the liquid is bubbling. Let cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the liquid is creamy and pasta is cooked.
Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and extra sea salt and pepper to taste.
Serving: 1/4 or recipe | Calories: 566kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 33g | Sodium: 296mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g