Chocolate Covered Snickers Stuffed Dates
These chocolate covered Snickers stuffed dates are made with real food ingredients and taste even better than an actual Snickers bar. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 10 medjool dates
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped or crushed peanuts
- ½ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Cut a slit in each date and remove the pit.
Fill each date with peanut butter (about ½ teaspoon) and a sprinkle of crushed peanuts. Set aside.
Place the dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each. It shouldn't take longer than 1-2 minutes total.
Using a toothpick, dip each date into melted chocolate and use a spoon to coat the date until completely covered. Place chocolate covered date on a platter lined with parchment. Sprinkle remaining crushed peanuts on top of each date.
Place the dates in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
Keep leftover chocolate covered dates in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you have a peanut allergy, any nut butter and nut will work as a replacement!
- Need a single-serving treat? Just use 1 date, 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon crushed peanuts and about 1 Tablespoon of melted chocolate.
Serving: 1date | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 19mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g