Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats
Breakfast and dessert in one! These peanut butter cup protein overnight oats are a delicious, filling breakfast that are on regular rotation in my house this summer.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder*
- ⅔ - ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips I use Lily's dark chocolate chips*
- 1-2 Tablespoons peanut butter divided
Mix ingredients: Add oats, protein powder, milk, vanilla, sea salt and ½ Tablespoon of peanut butter to a bowl or jar. Stir or shake well to combine, until all the protein powder has dissolved and peanut butter has disperse.
Refrigerate: Seal container with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
Remove from refrigerator: In the morning, remove bowl or jar from the fridge and stir/shake the mixture. You’ll notice that the oats soak up a lot of the liquid, so you may want to add a little more milk before serving.
Serve: Top oats with chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter for serving.
Store: Overnight oats will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge in a sealed airtight container.
- Chocolate chips - I like using Lily's dark chocolate chips, but I've also made this recipe with a chopped up Lily's peanut butter cup. It definitely takes the pb cup overnight oats to a whole new level!
- Peanut butter - I highly recommend using peanut butter for this recipe since it is peanut butter cup inspired, but if you want to swap it for a different nut butter, go right ahead.
- Chocolate protein powder - I use chocolate protein powder, but you could also use peanut butter protein powder.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 23g | Sodium: 239mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 14g