Easy Breakfast Salad
A simple, delicious breakfast salad with sautéed greens, roasted veggies and two fried eggs! You'll feel so good after starting your day with this combo of protein, healthy fat and veggies.
- ½ cup roasted cauliflower
- 2-3 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 -3 cups baby greens spinach, kale, arugula or your favorite green
- 2-3 large eggs
- ⅓ avocado sliced
- fresh dill
- sea salt and pepper
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
Add greens and roasted cauliflower and toss to combine. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or just until greens begin to wilt.
Transfer veggies to a salad bowl and then crack two eggs into the same pan, adding a little more oil if needed. Cook eggs to desired consistency (I like mine sunny side up) sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on top of sautéed greens.
Top bowl with microgreens, fresh dill and sliced avocado. Serve with more salt and pepper and hot sauce if desired.
- To roast your cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Chop cauliflower into medium-sized chunks. Toss with 1-2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a large baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes, turning at least once, until they have browned and become tender.
- Cauliflower: If you don't need this salad to be low-carb, roasted sweet potatoes are a great option in this salad.
Serving: 1 bowl | Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 29g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g