Shrimp and Zucchini Noodle Lo Mein
Have dinner ready in less than 20 minutes with this healthy shrimp and zucchini noodle lo mein. It’s loaded with veggies and perfect for busy weeknights. Paleo and gluten-free.
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized with D blade (spaghetti noodle size)
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha + extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon avocado coconut or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 15 medium to large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- green onion chopped
Spiralize zucchini noodles if you haven’t already.
Whisk together sauce ingredients (soy sauce, ginger, honey, sriracha and sesame oil) in a small bowl. Set aside.
Add oil to a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, stirring frequently to make sure garlic doesn’t burn. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
Add mushrooms, bell pepper, shrimp and sauce to the skillet and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Turn up heat a tiny bit and allow liquid to evaporate.
Add spiralized zucchini noodles to the skillet and toss to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes until zucchini noodles are just heated through. Do not overcook the zucchini noodles or they will start to release water and the lo mein will become watery.
Remove from heat and serve immediately. Serve in two plates or bowls with chopped green onion and additional sriracha.
Serving: 1/2 of recipe | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g