Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Loaded with grated carrots, raisins and cinnamon flavor these carrot cake overnight oats taste like cake for breakfast! Vegan and gluten-free.
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or any milk
- 3 Tablespoons grated carrots
- ½ - 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ Tablespoon raisins
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract optional
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts or pecans for topping
Place all ingredients except the nuts in a container and stir until well combined. Seal with a lid and place in the fridge overnight (or at least a couple hours).
Bring out of the fridge in the morning and stir. You'll notice that the oats soak up a lot of the liquid so you may want to add a little more almond milk before serving. Top oats with chopped nuts and serve.
- Almond milk: Feel free to use any dairy or non-dairy milk of choice.
- Maple syrup: Honey or another natural liquid sweetener will work here as well. If you want to reduce the sugar in this recipe, feel free to use a sugar alternative like stevia or monk fruit.
- Want to add protein? Add a scoop of protein powder or 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and reduce the milk to 1/2 cup.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g