Teriyaki Salmon Bowls
This teriyaki salmon dish comes together quickly for a healthy and delicious weeknight meal. Bake the salmon and broccoli together, then serve in a bowl with rice, veggies and creamy avocado.
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce use recipe below or store-bought
- 2 4-ounce salmon fillets
- 3 cups broccoli florets chopped
- ½ Tablespoon avocado or melted coconut oil
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ bunch green onions chopped
- ½ avocado quartered and sliced
- 1 lime quartered
- sesame seeds or gomasio optional
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil or sesame oil
- ¼ cup low sodium tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger grated or minced
Add ingredients for teriyaki sauce to a small bowl and whisk together until combined.
In a shallow baking dish, pour 1/4 cup of the teriyaki sauce over salmon fillets and use a spoon to make sure each piece is coated. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but up to four hours. Meanwhile toss chopped broccoli with oil and a bit of sea salt.
Preheat oven to 425ºF and lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
Place marinated salmon fillets (skin side down) on one half of the prepared baking sheet and add broccoli to the other half. Bake until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily and broccoli is roasted, about 15-20 minutes.
Cook or reheat rice while the salmon and broccoli are baking.
Grab two bowls, add rice and top each with a fillet of salmon, cabbage, carrots, green onions, avocado, a squeeze of lime and a drizzle of remaining teriyaki sauce. Top each salmon filet with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, if using. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 23g | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g