Kale and Sweet Potato Brown Rice Bowls
This delicious meal combines roasted sweet potatoes, kale, chickpeas and brown rice for the ultimate meal-prep bowl. Everything can be prepped ahead of time to make assembly a breeze. Serve warm or at room-temp.
Servings: 2 bowls
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 2 cups steamed kale
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups roasted sweet potato chunks
Creamy Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger chopped
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- a pinch of cayenne pepper optional
- water to thin
Roast sweet potatoes if you haven't already. Chop 1 large sweet potato into 1/4 inch chunks, drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Bake at 400° F for 30 minutes. This step is best done ahead of time.
Cook brown rice according to package instructions while sweet potatoes are roasting.
Prepare kale by washing, de-stemming and chopping. Then steam in a steamer basket for 3-5 mins or until tender. You can blanch or sauté the kale if you'd rather.
Make peanut sauce by blending all the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add water to thin sauce and create desired consistency.
Once all ingredients are prepped, grab two bowls and evenly distribute brown rice, kale, chickpeas and sweet potato chunks between both.
Drizzle each with as much peanut sauce as you'd like. Serve warm or at room-temp.
- Everything in this bowl can be made 2-3 days in advance. Just reheat the rice, kale and sweet potato chunks before serving. Toss with chickpeas and peanut sauce and enjoy.
Serving: 1bowl with 2 Tablespoons sauce | Calories: 603kcal | Carbohydrates: 111g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 23g