Roasted Root Vegetables
These caramelized roasted root vegetables with sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips are such an easy and healthy side dish. Great for the holidays or everyday meals.
Servings: 8 cups
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes chopped into chunks
- 1 pound carrots or parsnips peeled, cut into 3/4 inch thick rounds (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium red onion peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Stir the oil and oregano in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes, carrots (or parsnips) and onion. Toss to coat veggies. Sprinkle vegetables generously with sea salt and pepper and spread on a baking sheet.
Make sure the veggies are in one layer so they roast instead of steam. Roast veggies until tender, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven half-way through cooking to toss veggies.
This dish can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Let it stand at room temperature. If desired, rewarm in 350ºF oven for about 15 minutes, or serve at room temperature.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g