Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Have pumpkin pie for breakfast with this healthy slow cooker pumpkin pie oatmeal recipe featuring steel-cut oats cooked overnight with pumpkin puree and spices. Hello fall!
- cooking spray butter or coconut oil (for coating the slow cooker)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- chopped pecans maple syrup and almond milk for serving
Coat your slow cooker with cooking spray, butter or coconut oil. Add all the ingredients into slow cooker and mix well.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you have a programmable slow cooker, set it to cook on low for 7 hours and then switch to warm.
In the morning, give the oats a good stir as the oats will settle to the bottom. Portion into a bowl to serve and top with pecans, maple syrup and almond milk.
Let the oatmeal cool and place into a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. You can reheat the oatmeal on the stovetop or microwave. Just add a little additional milk to loosen the oatmeal, if needed.
- Steel-cut oats: Only use steel-cut oats for this recipe. Rolled oats and quick oats are not recommended.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g