Thai Green Curry with Shrimp
The perfect healthy weeknight meal, this flavorful Thai Green Curry with Shrimp comes together in less than 30 minutes! Can be served over cooked rice or zucchini noodles for a low-carb dish.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Thai Green curry paste
- 1 13 oz. can of coconut milk
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- juice of one lime
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- zucchini noodles or cooked rice for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion for garnish
- sriracha for serving
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic and ginger; sauté until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Add in curry paste; sauté 1 minute. Add coconut milk, zucchini, cabbage, lime juice, tamari and cayenne pepper to the skillet. Combine and turn up the heat to medium-high so the liquid starts to simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Add shrimp to the pan and cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Add basil and cilantro to the pan and toss to combine. Remove skillet from the heat.
Serve curry over zucchini noodles (can be raw or quickly sautéed) or cooked rice. Garnish each plate with green onion, fresh cilantro and a little sriracha if you need more spice. Enjoy!
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 27g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g