Pear and Beet Salad with a Ginger Hemp Dressing
This colorful salad features peppery arugula with raw beets, pear, dried cranberries, avocado, Hemp Hearts and a creamy ginger dressing.
- 1 5 oz bag of arugula salad
- 1 Bosc pear shredded
- 1 raw beet peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 avocado sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- a sprinkle of gorgonzola cheese optional
Ginger Hemp Dressing
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 Tablespoon tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
Prepare dressing by putting all dressing ingredients into a high powdered blender. Blend until smooth.
Prep salad by adding arugula, shredded beet, pear, dried cranberries and avocado to a large bowl. Sprinkle Hemp Hearts over salad. Add dressing to taste, stir to combine and serve. Alternatively, you can plate the salads onto four plates separately by quartering the ingredients. Start with a base of arugula. Add shredded beet, pear, dried cranberries and avocado to each plate. Sprinkle on Hemp Hearts and serve with dressing so each person can dress the salad to taste.
You may end up with a little dressing leftover if you prefer lightly dressed salads. Leftover dressing will keep in a storage container in the fridge for a 2-3 days.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g