Fennel and Celery Salad
This fennel and celery salad is loaded with medjool dates, almonds, fresh parsley and shaved parmesan. It's crunchy, sweet, savory and so easy to whip up!
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Total Time20 minutes mins
Keyword: fennel and celery salad
- 6 celery heart stalks about 1 ½ cups
- 1 medium fennel bulb trimmed (about 1 cup)
- 4 medjool dates pitted and chopped
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz Parmesan-Reggiano shaved
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place almonds on a baking sheet and toast for about 8-10 minutes. Almonds will turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow the almonds to cool before coarsely chopping.
Thinly slice your celery and fennel. Pro tip: slice the celery hearts on a diagonal angle so you get pretty slices.
Add the celery, fennel, dates, almonds, lemon juice and parsley into a medium sized bowl. Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Drizzle on olive oil, add shaved Parmesan and gently toss. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g