Fennel and Celery Salad
This fennel and celery salad is loaded with medjool dates, almonds, fresh parsley and shaved parmesan. It's crunchy, sweet, savory and so easy to whip up!
- 6 celery heart stalks about 1 ½ cups
- 1 medium fennel bulb trimmed (about 1 cup)
- 4 medjool dates pitted and chopped
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz Parmesan-Reggiano shaved
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place almonds on a baking sheet and toast for about 8-10 minutes. Almonds will turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow the almonds to cool before coarsely chopping.
Thinly slice your celery and fennel. Pro tip: slice the celery hearts on a diagonal angle so you get pretty slices.
Add the celery, fennel, dates, almonds, lemon juice and parsley into a medium sized bowl. Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Drizzle on olive oil, add shaved Parmesan and gently toss. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g