Slow Cooker Coconut Curried Eggplant
Eggplant and zucchini slow cooked in a creamy tomato sauce with Indian spices. Easy, healthy, vegan and gluten-free. Serve with cauliflower rice for a veggie packed meal!
- 4 cups chopped eggplant peeled, if desired
- 4 cups chopped zucchini or more eggplant
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 15 oz can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth optional
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
Place onion and garlic in a food processor or chopper to finely chop.
Add chopped onion and garlic mixture, eggplant, zucchini, spices, tomato paste and coconut milk to your slow cooker. Stir everything together. At this point if the mixture seems too thick you can add in a little vegetable broth. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro. Serve warm with rice and naan.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g