Easy Apple Slaw
This easy apple slaw features red cabbage, spinach, quinoa and a creamy tahini dressing. It's mayo-free and a healthy and unique twist on traditional coleslaw.
- ½ small head red cabbage shredded or spiralized (about 3 cups)
- 1 large fuji apple shredded or spiralized
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raisins
Creamy Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons water
Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients (tahini, apple cider vinegar, oil, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and water) into a small bowl.
Whisk dressing until smooth.
Toss the cabbage, apple, quinoa, spinach, sunflower seeds and raisins in a large bowl.
Add the dressing and toss to combine.
Serve and enjoy. Store any leftover slaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 458mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g