Greek Quinoa Salad
A healthy quinoa salad featuring some of the best produce summer has to offer, feta cheese and a tangy lemon dressing. Perfect as a make-ahead lunch option or a summer cookout side dish.
- 1 cup dry quinoa rinsed and drained
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds optional
- 1-2 ripe avocados chopped (optional)
Cook quinoa: Cook quinoa in water, according to package directions. Let cool.
Stir: In a medium bowl, stir together quinoa, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, red onion, basil and parsley.
Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
Add dressing: Pour dressing over quinoa salad and toss to combine. Top with almond slices, if using.
Chill and enjoy: Serve immediately or let the salad chill in the fridge a couple hours before serving. Add avocado (if using), just before serving. Salad will keep up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
Red onion – Not a fan of red onion use yellow onion instead.
Beans – Feel free to add white beans or chickpeas for some protein. They're a great addition -- especially if you're serving this as a main rather than a side dish.
Avocado – Want to add a little creaminess and healthy fats to your salad? Add in some chopped avocado!
Dressing – I love the dressing I paired with this salad but any dressing would work if you’re in a pinch. Some options: Greek Salad Dressing, white balsamic vinaigrette or lemon vinaigrette.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g