Sesame Roasted Carrots
Easy enough for a weeknight meal, but fancy enough to serve to guests, these sesame roasted carrots are the perfect side dish. Lovely served hot or cold.
Servings: 3 cups
- 1 lb carrots peeled, quartered and cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Combine sesame oil, vinegar, tamari, black pepper and ginger in a large bowl. Add carrots and toss to coat.
Place carrots on a baking sheet or stone. Roast for 35-40 minutes, stirring once about half-way through. Remove from oven when carrots are tender, crisp with golden edges. Sprinkle on sesame seeds and serve.
Serving: 3/4 cup | Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g