Strawberry Quinoa Parfait
Layers of quinoa, Greek yogurt and strawberries make for a protein-packed strawberry shortcake quinoa parfait that's perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white quinoa
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I like Stonyfield organic)
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
Cook quinoa if you haven't already. Cook 1 cup of dry quinoa according to the package directions. Allow to cool and then place in fridge to chill for a 1-2 hours. This step is best beforehand so you can prep the parfaits quickly.
In a medium sized bowl, stir together 2 cups chilled quinoa, unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt.
In a separate bowl combine Greek yogurt with remaining 1 Tablespoon maple syrup.
Layer quinoa mixture, Greek yogurt and berries in a dish. Repeat layers however many times you’d like. Top with a few berries and enjoy.
- Almond milk: I like to use unsweetened almond milk, but any milk will do.
- Maple syrup: Feel free to use any liquid sweetener of choice like honey, agave, monk fruit or stevia.
- Yogurt: Use dairy-free yogurt to make this recipe vegan.
Serving: 1parfait | Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 73mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g