Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
This roasted sweet potato salad has chopped spinach, creamy avocado chunks, red onion and dried cranberries. Serve as a side dish with your favorite protein.
- 10 cups sweet potatoes about 3 large, chopped evenly into bite-size chunks
- 1 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces baby spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped very small
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 avocado chopped in chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons hemp seeds optional
Preheat oven to 400° F. Place sweet potato chunks into a large bowl and toss with oil and sea salt. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through, flipping once. Remove from oven and let the potato chunks cool. This step can be done ahead of time. Just keep the roasted potatoes in the fridge and complete step 2 the day you want to enjoy the salad.
While the potatoes are roasting, add the chopped spinach, onion, dried cranberries, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add cooled sweet potato chunks to the bowl and stir to combine. Gently stir in avocado and sea salt. Add ground pepper to taste. Sprinkle on hemp seeds (if using). Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve. Can be eaten cold or at room temperature.
Store leftovers in a sealed container for up to two days. If needed, add a splash of extra lemon juice before serving.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe (without hemp seeds) | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 730mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g