Roasted Vegetable Salad
This roasted vegetable salad features Brussels sprouts, butternut squash and cauliflower with a zesty horseradish dressing.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets bite-size
- 2 cups butternut squash chunks
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate arils or dried pomegranate seeds
- 3 Tablespoons dried mulberries
- 4 cups thinly sliced Lacinato dinosaur kale
- Olive or avocado oil or spray
- 3 Tablespoons champagne vinegar*
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced scallions
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
Roast veggies: Heat oven to 400°F. Place cauliflower, butternut squash and brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet, spray with a little avocado oil spray or drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until veggies are until well caramelized and softened with a few golden brown spots. Stir once mid-way through the cooking process and watch closely so the veggies don’t burn.
Prep dressing: While veggies are cooking, make the dressing: Combine all ingredients except the olive oil and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking, set aside. Taste and add more olive oil, if needed.
Prep salad: Remove vegetables from oven and allow to cool to room temperature, then combine in a large bowl with the beans, kale and pomegranate seeds. Toss in the dressing to evenly coat everything. You may find that you don’t need to use all of the dressing.
Serve: Portion into bowls, top with mulberries and serve.
Store: Salad will keep marinated for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- If you don't have champagne vinegar, you can use white wine vinegar, rice wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 758mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g