Tofu Veggie Noodle Bowl with Cabbage Noodles
This flavorful tofu cabbage noodle bowl is a healthy weeknight meal option. It's quick, easy, packed with veggies and also vegan and gluten-free.
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu pressed and drained
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium tamari
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic 2-3 large cloves
- 1-2 cups fresh broccoli chopped into bite-size florets
- 1 medium cabbage thinly sliced (about 1/2 pound, 5 cups chopped)
- 1 green pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Cut the tofu into small cubes.
In a small bowl combine the vegetable stock, tamari, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Once melted, add the tofu and stir-fry until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining coconut oil into the same skillet. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the bell pepper, carrot and broccoli and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until they begin to soften. Then add the cabbage. Stir-fry for 1 minute, add salt and pepper to taste, and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
Return the tofu to the skillet, stir in the walnuts and the stock/soy sauce mixture and stir-fry for another minute, until it has just about evaporated. It's okay if there's still a little liquid in the pan. Remove from the heat and serve.
Serving: 1/3 of recipe | Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 21g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 12g