Black Bean Brownies
These are the best black bean brownies!! They're so fudgy and delicious. No one will be able to tell that they're flourless and made with beans!
Servings: 16 brownies
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free/dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped raw walnuts optional
Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare baking pan: Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
Combine ingredients: Place beans, eggs, coconut oil, cacao powder, salt, vanilla and maple syrup in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Add chocolate chips and nuts: Remove the blade and gently stir in your chocolate chips and walnuts, if using. (Another option is to sprinkle the walnuts on top of the brownie batter once you pour it into the pan.)
Bake: Transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until brownies are set in the center and a toothpicks comes out clean. Cool completely, cut into squares and enjoy!
Store: Store brownies in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Eggs: To make this recipe vegan you could use flax eggs (1 Tablespoon flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water). I have tested these brownies with flax eggs and the brownies turned out, they just didn’t rise as well.
- Coconut oil: Butter works too.
- Cacao powder: You can use cocoa powder instead.
- Maple syrup: Another liquid sweetener like honey or agave would also work.
- Chocolate chips: I love Lily’s chocolate chips for a low-sugar option and Enjoy Life chocolate chips for a dairy-free/soy-free option.
- Walnuts: You can totally skip these or use another nut instead.
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 36mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g