Healthy Guacamole (with Frozen Peas)
This healthy guacamole with frozen peas is lower in fat and calories, but tastes just as delicious as the real deal. The peas add a subtle sweetness and give the guac a vibrant green color!
Servings: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup frozen peas slightly thawed
- 1 medium avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- ½ cup grape tomatoes cut into ¼ -inch dice
- ½ cup red onion cut into ⅛-inch dice
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Place peas in the bowl of a food processor or mini chopper and pulse until the peas are smooth.
Transfer peas into a medium bowl and add lime juice, tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic and salt. Stir everything together with a fork.
Add avocado chunks to the bowl and mix well, mashing the avocado as you stir.
Serve with an assortment of raw vegetables and tortilla chips.
Serving: 1/4 cup | Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g