Thai Curry Chicken Salad with a Creamy Dijon Dressing
This Thai curry chicken salad, with fresh pineapple, cucumber, bell pepper, and creamy dijon dressing, is fresh, bright, flavorful and filling. Gluten-free.
Servings: 4 salads
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 3-4 oz each
- spring mix romaine lettuce or baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- gomasio to taste (optional)
- For the Thai curry spice rub
- 2½ Tablespoons curry powder
- ½ Tablespoon onion powder
- 2-3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 11/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- For the creamy dijon dressing
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons good dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the curry powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and parsley in a small bowl to create the rub. Use as much of the rub as needed to cover each chicken breast. You may have a bit of the spice rub left over — just store any of the remaining non-contaminated spice mix in an airtight container for later use.
Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Placed seasoned chicken breasts into the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes on each side, until juice runs clear. Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes to cool. Once cool, slice the chicken for the salads.
While the chicken is cooking, place all ingredients for the dressing in a small jar or bowl. Whisk until combined and set aside.
Divide your greens, bell pepper, cucumber, pineapple and red onion on to four plates. Top each with a portion of chicken. Drizzle a little creamy dijon dressing over each salad and top with a sprinkle of gomasio, if using.
Serving: 1salad with dressing | Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g