Healthy Potato Salad
Instead of mayo and eggs we're using a red wine vinegar dressing, sun-dried tomatoes, shallots and spinach to create a flavorful vegan potato salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds small fingerling or new potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Wash potatoes well and place in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by 3". Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Once cooled to the touch, cut the potatoes into 1/2” pieces and place in a large bowl with the spinach, shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, chives and parsley.
In a small bowl combine the vinegar, minced shallots, mustard, maple syrup salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Pour over the potatoes, toss to coat and serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Serving: 1/8 of recipe | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g