Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
These pumpkin cornbread muffins are slightly sweet and moist from the pumpkin! They're the perfect side to a big bowl of cozy soup or chili. Dairy-free, egg-free, refined sugar free and made with whole grains.
Servings: 8 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree canned or freshly cooked and processed
- 1 cup Almond Breeze almond milk honey or unsweetened
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil liquid
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare a regular-sized muffin tin by greasing or lining 8 cups.
In a medium-sized bowl, make your flaxseed eggs by combining the flaxseed with water, giving it a good stir and allowing it to sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
In large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
Add the remaining ingredients (pumpkin, almond milk, coconut sugar, coconut oil and molasses) into the bowl with the flaxseed eggs and stir well to combine.
Gently add the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do no over mix.
Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into 8 cups.
Bake for 25 minutes, until golden in color and a toothpick comes out clean.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g