Easy Caprese Salad
This easy caprese salad layers juicy tomato slices with fresh mozzarella and basil. It's lovely paired with crusty bread for an appetizer or grilled protein for a meal.
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese ball sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes thinly sliced
- fresh basil about 20 leaves
- fresh ground pepper
- sea salt
- high quality olive oil for drizzling
- aged balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction for drizzling
On a plate or serving dish arrange fresh mozzarella and tomato slices in alternating layers. Add a basil leaf between each layer. Chop remaining basil and sprinkle on top. Season with fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
Drizzle on a high-quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction. Serve immediately or cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Caprese salad is best served fresh, but it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Optional toppings to spruce up caprese salad: dried Italian seasoning, fresh parsley, capers, crushed red pepper, roasted garlic and/or roasted red peppers
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 329mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g