A delicious and easy blueberry crumble that can be made with frozen blueberries. Added bonus: it's vegan, gluten-free and sweetened only with maple syrup!
- 3 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries no thawing required*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Add blueberries to the dish and drizzle vanilla over top. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together oats, pecans, almond flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and sea salt.
Once combined, spoon oatmeal pecan topping over the blueberries. Gently press the mixture down using the back of the spoon.
Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until topping has hardened and turned a lovely golden brown color.
Cool for 10-20 minutes.
Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
- Blueberries – As I mentioned above I love using frozen wild blueberries for this recipe, but if you don't have any on hand no worries regular fresh or frozen blueberries will work.
- Pecans – If you're not a fan of pecans you could try another chopped nut such as walnuts.
- Thicker filling – The blueberries will release a little juice after cooking. I don't mind a little liquid and like to keep the filling super simple, but if you prefer a thicker filling you can combine the blueberries and vanilla with 1/4 cup coconut sugar and 2-3 Tablespoons of cornstarch or arrowroot powder before adding to the baking dish.
Serving: 1/8 of recipe | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g