Grilled Lemon Basil Tofu Salad
Lemon basil tofu marinated in a zesty fresh basil sauce and grilled to perfection. Easy and absolutely delicious!
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons spicy dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey maple syrup or agave if you're vegan
- 1-2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice the juice of about 2 lemons
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound extra firm tofu drained and pressed (I use Twin Oaks)
- salad greens and fresh veggies
Combine all ingredients except tofu in a small bowl. Cut tofu crosswise into 6 slices. Place tofu slices into a container with the marinade and let sit for at least a hour.
Remove tofu slices from marinade, making sure to leave any access marinade in the container. Place tofu slices on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 3-5 minutes on each side.
Serve tofu over a bed of greens and other veggies. Drizzle extra marinade over tofu to use as a dressing and serve.
Serving: 1/3 of tofu | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 520mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g