Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Have quinoa for breakfast with this easy cinnamon quinoa breakfast bowl. It's vegan, gluten-free and the quinoa packs in a good amount of protein.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 1 Tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- maple syrup + banana slices for topping optional
Rinse quinoa: Rinse quinoa and drain.
Cook quinoa: Place milk and rinsed quinoa into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
Combine ingredients: Add cinnamon and vanilla.
Reduce heat: Reduce to a simmer and cook about 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Watch the pot carefully and stir often because it has a tendency to want to boil over.
Add toppings and serve: When ready to eat, place a portion of the quinoa into a bowl, drizzle with maple syrup and top with chia seeds, raisins and nut butter.
- Milk: I prefer unsweetened almond milk, but coconut milk or oat milk would also be delicious. Regular cow's milk works too.
- Chia seeds: Ground flaxseed works great too.
- Raisins: I like the cinnamon raisin combo, but any dried fruit will work.
- Nut butter: either almond or peanut butter is delicious, but if you can't do nuts sunflower seed butter works too
Serving: 1/2 recipe without toppings | Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 95mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g