Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies
These delicious oatmeal pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips are healthy, vegan and can easily be made gluten-free. Perfect for satisfying your pumpkin cravings!
- 1 cup spelt, whole wheat pastry or all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Stir together dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, nutmeg) in a mixing bowl.
Mix together wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, flaxseed and vanilla) in a separate mixing bowl.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips. Mix well.
Drop rounded Tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a spoon or your fingers. The cookies won't spread very much so you can space them about 1 inch apart.
Bake for 15-16 minutes.
Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before eating or transferring to a storage container for later consumption.
Store at room temperature for up to 5 days, in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to three months.
- Flour: Use all-purpose gluten-free flour to make these gluten-free.
- Oats: You can use quick oats instead of rolled oats if needed.
- Sugar: Cane or white sugar will work instead of coconut sugar.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g