This easy blackberry smoothie can be made with fresh or frozen blackberries! It's bright, refreshing and packed with protein.
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cubes of ice
- 1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- a few drops of liquid stevia or other natural sweetener to taste
Blend: Place blackberries, banana, yogurt, ice cubes and 1/4 cup milk in blender and blend until fruit is pureed and ingredients are well combined.
Taste: Taste and add stevia to sweeten as well as more milk to get the desired thickness (if necessary).
Serve: Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- No banana – This smoothie is still delicious without a banana. I recommend adding in 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries or frozen mango if you skip the banana.
- Dairy-free – If you are looking for a dairy-free or vegan option, I recommend using a dairy-free yogurt!
- Stevia – feel free to sub with another liquid sweetener like maple syrup, honey or monkfruit.
- Flaxseeds or chia seeds – add healthy fats, protein and fiber with the addition of seeds!
- Protein powder – I love adding protein powder for an extra protein boost... especially if I'm enjoying this smoothie on it's own for a meal or snack. I use Nuzest vanilla protein in this smoothie!
Serving: 1smoothie | Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 287mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 14g