Protein Overnight Oats
With protein overnight oats you can have your oatmeal and get your protein in! Each serving has over 20 grams of protein!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats not instant
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 - 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (25g total)
- 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- toppings: berries sliced almonds, almond butter (for topping)
Prep oats: Combine all ingredients except the toppings in a small container.
Soak: Cover container with a lid and place in the fridge overnight (or at least 1-2 hours).
Stir: Bring out of the fridge in the morning and stir. You'll notice that the protein powder, oats and chia seeds soak up a lot of the liquid so you may want to add a little more almond milk or water before serving.
Add toppings and enjoy: Top with toppings of your choice and enjoy. I love berries and sliced almonds or almond butter.
If you don't have protein powder on hand or simply don't want to use it, here are some other ways to add protein to your overnight oats!
- Greek yogurt: Add 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt to the overnight oats mixture. This will add about 4 grams of protein, depending on what brand you use.
- Cottage cheese: Add 1/4 cup cottage cheese to the overnight oats mixture. This will about around 7 grams of protein.
- Nuts and nut butter: Chopped nuts and/or nut butter are a great way to add a little bit of extra protein to your overnight oats. They also add healthy fats, which will make the oats even more filling!
Serving: 1serving without toppings | Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 406mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g