Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
The ultimate healthy breakfast recipe, this peanut butter banana oatmeal is creamy, voluminous and will keep you full all morning long! Plus it only takes about 10 minutes to make and is vegan + gluten-free.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 banana sliced (save a few for topping)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups of water non-dairy milk or a blend of both
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter or another type of nut butter
Add oats, banana slices, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt to a pot. Add water and stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Be sure to stir the oats several times while cooking to make sure the banana slices melt into the oats and the chia seeds don’t clump. You’ll know the oatmeal is done when all the liquid is absorbed and the oats are thick and fluffy.
Portion oats into two bowls and serve with peanut butter, banana slices, and a sprinkle of chia seeds. Add a splash of non-dairy milk and/or maple syrup on top before serving, if desired.
- Meal prep: I like making two servings so I can save one for the next day, but if you don’t like eating leftover oats and are only cooking for yourself, simply cut all ingredients in half. For reheating you can use the stovetop or microwave. Just add the portion you’re going to eat and a splash of water or milk and heat until warm. In the microwave it shouldn’t take more than 30 – 60 secs.
- Overnight oats: Turn this recipe into overnight oats by using all the same ingredients but reducing the non-diary milk to 2 cups instead of 3 cups. Mix everything together, let the mixture sit in the fridge overnight and enjoy the next morning with your favorite toppings.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 10g