Chicken Burrito Bowl
These chicken burrito bowls combine tender marinated chicken, cilantro cauliflower rice, corn salsa, black beans and romaine lettuce all topped with a delicious tomatillo avocado dressing. Perfect for meal prep.
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil plus more for grilling or sauteing
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce finely chopped + 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 batch cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- 2 cups corn salsa ½ cup per bowl
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 cup Mexican cheese ¼ cup per bowl
- 1 cup guacamole ¼ cup per bowl or sliced avocado
- 1 cup pico de gallo or salsa ¼ cup per bowl
- 1 cup sour cream I used Greek yogurt (¼ cup per bowl)
- Tomatillo avocado dressing for topping
- fresh cilantro for topping
- Hot sauce for topping (optional)
Combine chicken marinade ingredients in a bowl or blend in a food processor or blender. Add to a large ziplock bag or airtight container with chicken thighs and marinate for at least 1 hour, but up to 24 hours.
If you haven't done so already prep corn salsa and tomatillo avocado dressing. Set aside. This can be done in advance.
Make cilantro lime cauliflower rice.
Once chicken is ready, remove chicken from marinade and cook. Discard marinade. To cook, add a little oil to a pan and warm on medium heat. Once hot, add chicken and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Once cooked, transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
To make bowls, add a base of cauliflower rice and top with a portion of cooked chicken, black beans and corn salsa. Then top with mexican cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream, lettuce and fresh cilantro. Sprinkle on hot sauce and/or drizzle tomatillo avocado dressing over bowl, if using and serve. Serve with tortilla chips on the side, if desired.
Serving: 1bowl w/o dressing | Calories: 772kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 2004mg | Potassium: 704mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 9g